The history of the Lutheran association for students’ halls of residence started in the fifties. It was founded in 1958 by members of the Lutheran student parish and Lutheran university professors in order to improve the poor situation of student accommodation.
Construction Start 1972
After buying a suitable property and having then completed the necessary planning, they started construction in May 1972. The Johannes-Kepler-Haus was opened in October 1974.
Off-site location Stenggstraße 2016
In May 2016 the Evangelische Verein für Studentenheime Graz acquired a small off-site location (flat) on Stenggstrasse with accommodation for three person. The flat is approx. 100 m from the hall of residence. The rooms are available to students who want to live in a relaxed and quiet environment. The facilities of the main residence are naturally available to the residents of the off-site location (study rooms, music rooms, etc.).
The International Dormitory
Am Rehgrund 4